On August 24, 2020, City council passed an ordinance for a Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA).
Patrons can enjoy alcohol beverages in approved DORA cups (with their wristband) in public gathering spaces. Some non-alcohol serving businesses located within the DORA boundary may choose to allow DORA patrons to enter their establishment. Individual Downtown businesses may have separate DORA policies. See below for the rules for participating in the DORA.
Hours of Operation: Thursday/Friday, 4:00p.m – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, Noon – 10:00 p.m.
Sunday, Noon – 10:00 p.m.
How It Works: You can purchase a beverage from a participating liquor permit establishment within the DORA boundaries and walk around our downtown DORA district with your drink! Sip, stroll and explore! To be able to do so, you will need to purchase a $1 DORA Bracelet (one time purchase, good for the entire day at every establishment) and request that your beverage be placed within one of the designated DORA plastic cups if you wish to leave the establishment. Drinks cannot be taken out of the establishment without being in an official DORA cup and the individual must have an official DORA bracelet on for that day. No cans, no glass bottles, and no outside drinks are permitted within the DORA.
- Buy and wear your DORA wristband, good for that day’s hours at every establishment.
- Purchase your drink at a DORA designated establishment.
- Drink and Stroll inside the DORA boundaries, look for signs!
- Finish your drink before entering another DORA designated establishment (i.e.- you are not allowed to take your alcoholic DORA drink from one bar/restaurant to another establishment that serves alcohol).
- Bring your own drinks into the district
- Walk around with a purchased drink not in a designated DORA plastic container (no cans, no glass, no outside drinks are permitted)
- Walk around with a DORA drink without an official DORA bracelet for that day
- Take a beverage purchased at one liquor serving establishment into another liquor establishment
- Act a fool and ruin it for everyone
- Purchase a drink at an authorized location and walk around the DORA using an official DORA Cup.
- Take a purchased drink into a non-liquor serving establishment if the owner allows [YES! DORA BEVERAGES WELCOME]
- Drink responsibly and have fun
Where to buy your wristband/drinks:
Boundaries: The map below outlines the boundaries of the DORA. Starting at the intersection of West Avenue and North Street; south on West Avenue to Court Street; then east on Court Street to the north-south alley between Court Street and Ohio Avenue; then south on the north-south alley to South Street; then east on South Street to the north-south alley between Main Avenue and Miami Avenue; then north on the north-south alley to the east-west alley; then east to Miami Avenue; then north on Miami Avenue to Poplar Street; then west on Poplar Street to the north-south alley between Miami Avenue and Main Avenue; the north on the north-south alley to North Street; then west on North Street to West Avenue.